Forms of hosting services
A hosting service involves stockpiling and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server run by a web hosting vendor. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's take a glimpse at these. In this way, you can elect what you need, based on whether you'd like to establish a site, e-mail accounts, or to share files with friends and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution provided by given file storage providers, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages are frequently supported by displaying advertisements next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a specific span of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely incongruous explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would distribute the tasks at hand between independent hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various web page hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain firms provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting brand is good if you desire to share an immense quantity of images with chums or acquaintances since the service is usually free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to taking care of your e-mail address accounts. Some companies offer webspace hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an email service. If you desire to manage an email address with your domain name but do not wish to run a site, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can create email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video clip creates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred viewers, you may have trouble with your site hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to use as many video files as you want to without bothering about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to own a web site. To some degree, it contains all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and e-mail aliases, upload video files, and so on. At vPro Hosting, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that permit you to get all of the aforementioned services in one single location. There may be limits based on the type of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web space hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are made for specific web content solely.